Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO)(ASX: XJO) and ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) indices finished lower on Monday.
Here’s a short recap of the Australian market:
- S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) lower 0.14% to 7,012.70
- ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) lower 0.19% to 7,108.10
- AUD/USD at US 67 cents
- Gold at US$1,571.87 an ounce
- Brent Oil at US$54.40 a barrel
The gold price continues to rise, causing the Evolution Mining Limited (ASX: EVN) share price to grow almost 7%.
Continuing coronavirus worries caused the Flight Centre Travel Group Ltd (ASX: FLT) share price to fall 4.5% today after a weekend of developments.
Finally the share price of Duxton Water Ltd (ASX: D2O) rose 0.7% after announcing its latest monthly update.
Here are some of today’s top stories:
- FlexiGroup shares on watch after launching world first BNPL product with Mastercard
- 3 reliable blue chips to own due to the coronavirus
- 2 ASX dividend shares to buy for 2020 and beyond
- 3 themes analysts are watching this ASX reporting season
Where to invest $1,000 right now
When investing expert Scott Phillips has a stock tip, it can pay to listen. After all, the flagship Motley Fool Share Advisor newsletter he has run for more than eight years has provided thousands of paying members with stock picks that have doubled, tripled or even more.*
Scott just revealed what he believes are the five best ASX stocks for investors to buy right now. These stocks are trading at dirt-cheap prices and Scott thinks they are great buys right now.
*Returns as of June 30th
Motley Fool contributor Tristan Harrison owns shares of DUXTON FPO. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of and has recommended Dicker Data Limited and Flight Centre Travel Group Limited. The Motley Fool Australia has recommended DUXTON FPO and Sezzle Inc. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Scott Phillips.