Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO)(ASX: XJO) and ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) indices finished higher on Thursday.
Here’s a short recap of the Australian market:
- S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) higher 1.05% to 7,049.20
- ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) higher 0.96% to 7,148.70
- AUD/USD at US 68 cents
- Gold at US$1,554.49 an ounce
- Brent Oil at US$56.35 a barrel
The Cimic Group Ltd (ASX: CIM) share price fell 3% today despite announcing more contract wins.
Finally, the share price of A2 Milk Company Ltd (ASX: A2M) rose by 4.8%, making it one of the top performers within the ASX 200.
Here are some of today’s top stories:
- Is this ASX 200 stock a buy for its defensive revenue?
- Where to invest $5,000 into ASX shares right now
- Here’s the problem with BHP shares
- Why the CSL share price just hit a record high
These 3 stocks could be the next big movers in 2020
When investing expert Scott Phillips has a stock tip, it can pay to listen. After all, the flagship Motley Fool Share Advisor newsletter he has run for more than eight years has provided thousands of paying members with stock picks that have doubled, tripled or even more.*
In this FREE STOCK REPORT, Scott just revealed what he believes are the 3 ASX stocks for the post COVID world that investors should buy right now while they still can. These stocks are trading at dirt-cheap prices and Scott thinks these could really go gangbusters as we move into ‘the new normal’.
*Returns as of 6/8/2020
Motley Fool contributor Tristan Harrison has no position in any of the stocks mentioned. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of A2 Milk. The Motley Fool Australia has recommended Service Stream Limited. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Scott Phillips.
- ASX 200 drops 0.3%, gold miners keep rising – September 18, 2020 5:29pm
- Why I think the Brickworks (ASX:BKW) share price is a buy – September 18, 2020 2:49pm
- 4 reasons why Rural Funds (ASX:RFF) is a great ASX dividend share – September 18, 2020 9:36am