Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO)(ASX: XJO) and ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) indices finished higher on Friday.
Here’s a short recap of the Australian market:
- S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) higher 0.10% to 7,014.70
- ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) higher 0.13% to 7,117.60
- AUD/USD at US 67 cents
- Gold at US$1,572.22 an ounce
- Brent Oil at US$59.45 a barrel
Shipbuilder Austal Limited (ASX: ASB) was another of the best performers as its share price rose by around 5%.
Listed investment company (LIC) WAM Leaders Ltd (ASX: WLE) reported its half-year result today and there was a large dividend increase, sending the share price higher by 2%.
Here are some of today’s top stories:
- AVITA Medical share price surges 6% higher on strong half year update
- Want to become wealthy? Do this 1 thing
- 3 retirement myths you can’t afford to believe
- Openpay shares dive on release of quarterly results
We hear it over and over from investors, "I wish I had bought Altium or Afterpay when they were first recommended by The Motley Fool. I'd be sitting on a gold mine!" And it's true.
And while Altium and Afterpay have had a good run, we think these 5 other stocks are screaming buys. And you can buy them now for less than $5 a share!
*Extreme Opportunities returns as of June 5th 2020
Tristan Harrison has no position in any of the stocks mentioned. The Motley Fool Australia's parent company Motley Fool Holdings Inc. owns shares of BIGTINCAN FPO and Link Administration Holdings Ltd. The Motley Fool Australia has recommended BIGTINCAN FPO, BUBS AUST FPO, Link Administration Holdings Ltd, Pointsbet Holdings Ltd, and ResMed Inc. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Scott Phillips.
- 10 FY21 ASX share picks revealed by Bell Potter – July 1, 2020 6:06pm
- ASX 200 finishes 0.6% higher, Aussie house prices fall – July 1, 2020 5:24pm
- ASX 200 rises 1.4%, Collins Foods delivers tasty returns – June 30, 2020 5:58pm