Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO)(ASX: XJO) and ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) indices finished lower on Tuesday.
Here’s a short recap of the Australian market:
- S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) lower 1.78% to 6.684.10
- ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) lower 1.72% to 6,802.40
- AUD/USD at US 70 cents
- Gold at US$1,522.94 an ounce
- Brent Oil at US$68.44 a barrel
One of the best-performing ASX 200 shares today was the Gold Road Resources Ltd (ASX: GOR) share price which went up more than 3% after today’s sharp decline for the overall share market.
Indeed, gold miners claimed the top five spots in the ASX 200. The second and third best risers were Evolution Mining Ltd (ASX: EVN) and Resolute Mining Limited (ASX: RSG) going up 2.4% and 2% respectively.
As you can imagine, there were some serious declines at the red end of the ASX. The share price of Pro Medicus Limited (ASX: PME) dropped almost 9%.
Another of the heavy declines came from Technology One Limited (ASX: TNE), its share price dropped 6.2%.
The share price of WiseTech Global Ltd (ASX: WTC) fell 5.5%, meaning it was the third worst performer in the ASX 200.
The Fluence Corporation Ltd (ASX: FLC) share price was one of today’s best performers – it went up 6% today after the contract announcement yesterday.
Finally, the share price of CSL Limited (ASX: CSL) fell 2.2% partly due to the strengthening Australian dollar.
Here are some of today’s top stories:
- My best share investment of the 2010s
- 3 ASX shares that returned more than 100% of their share price in dividends this decade
- How to generate a sustainable passive income in a volatile stock market
- 3 Warren Buffett quotes to follow in the 2020s
We hear it over and over from investors, "I wish I had bought Altium or Afterpay when they were first recommended by The Motley Fool. I'd be sitting on a gold mine!" And it's true.
And while Altium and Afterpay have had a good run, we think these 5 other stocks are screaming buys. And you can buy them now for less than $5 a share!
*Extreme Opportunities returns as of June 5th 2020
Tristan Harrison has no position in any of the stocks mentioned. The Motley Fool Australia's parent company Motley Fool Holdings Inc. owns shares of and recommends Pro Medicus Ltd. The Motley Fool Australia's parent company Motley Fool Holdings Inc. owns shares of CSL Ltd. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of WiseTech Global. The Motley Fool Australia has recommended Pro Medicus Ltd. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Scott Phillips.
- 10 FY21 ASX share picks revealed by Bell Potter – July 1, 2020 6:06pm
- ASX 200 finishes 0.6% higher, Aussie house prices fall – July 1, 2020 5:24pm
- ASX 200 rises 1.4%, Collins Foods delivers tasty returns – June 30, 2020 5:58pm