Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO)(ASX: XJO) and ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) indices finished higher on Tuesday.
Here’s a short recap of the Australian market:
- S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) higher 0.13% to 6.794.20
- ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) higher 0.17% to 6,906.40
- AUD/USD at US 69 cents
- Gold at US$1,488.61 an ounce
- Brent Oil at US$66.43 a barrel
One of the best-performing ASX 200 shares today was the gold miner Gold Road Resources Ltd (ASX: GOR), its share price rose by 7.7%.
Indeed, gold miners took out the top five performing spots on the ASX 200 list just before Christmas. The share price of Silver Lake Resources Limited. (ASX: SLR) increased by 6.5% and the share price of Resolute Mining Limited (ASX: RSG) increased by nearly 6%.
At the red end of the ASX the share price of Vocus Group Ltd (ASX: VOC) went backwards today by 2.6% after the earlier announcement about the class action settlement.
Another of today’s biggest declines belonged to agribusiness Elders Ltd (ASX: ELD), its share price fell 2.4%.
Finally, the share price of Bailador Technology Investments Ltd (ASX: BTI) rose 6.7% after a third party investment and a 27% valuation uplift for Siteminder.
Here are some of today’s top stories:
- Merry Christmas, from our Foolish family to yours
- Why an ASX share portfolio is the best Christmas present
- Will BHP’s share price be defined by coal in the 2020s?
- A top fund manager owns these ASX shares. Should you?
Forget what just happened. We think this stock could be Australia's next MONSTER IPO...
One little-known Australian IPO has doubled in value since January, and renowned Australian Moonshot stock picker Anirban Mahanti sees a potential millionaire-maker in waiting...
Because 'Doc' Mahanti believes this fast-growing company has all the hallmarks of genuine Moonshot potential, forget 'buy now pay later', this stock could be the next hot stock on the ASX.
Returns as of 6th October 2020
Motley Fool contributor Tristan Harrison has no position in any of the stocks mentioned. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of and has recommended Corporate Travel Management Limited. The Motley Fool Australia has recommended Elders Limited. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Scott Phillips.
- ASX 200 sinks 1.6%, ANZ (ASX:ANZ) reports FY20 result – October 29, 2020 4:44pm
- Why market crashes are useful for buying ASX dividend shares – October 29, 2020 1:06pm
- 3 ASX shares you’ll regret not buying during this correction – October 29, 2020 11:21am