Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO)(ASX: XJO) and ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) indices finished lower on Friday.
Here’s a short recap of the Australian market:
- S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) lower 0.16% to 6.822.40
- ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) lower 0.15% to 6,932.00
- AUD/USD at US 69 cents
- Gold at US$1,478.96 an ounce
- Brent Oil at US$66.62 a barrel
One of the best-performing ASX 200 shares today was the Speedcast International Ltd (ASX: SDA) share price which went up more than 5%.
The share price of Cimic Group Ltd (ASX: CIM) went up over 3% today as it announced three contracts and reaching settlement with a class action.
Announcing the sale of its engineering business yesterday after the market had shut sent the share price of Lendlease Group (ASX: LLC) down by 4.8% today.
An update by Costa Group Holdings Ltd (ASX: CGC) about the effects of the dry conditions sent the share price up 2.75% today.
Here are some of today’s top stories:
- 2 ASX shares I want to hold until 2030 and beyond
- How to start investing in shares with little money
- Why the Regis Healthcare share price tumbled 14% lower today
- Why the AMA Group share price is crashing 18% lower on Friday
These 3 stocks could be the next big movers in 2020
When investing expert Scott Phillips has a stock tip, it can pay to listen. After all, the flagship Motley Fool Share Advisor newsletter he has run for more than eight years has provided thousands of paying members with stock picks that have doubled, tripled or even more.*
In this FREE STOCK REPORT, Scott just revealed what he believes are the 3 ASX stocks for the post COVID world that investors should buy right now while they still can. These stocks are trading at dirt-cheap prices and Scott thinks these could really go gangbusters as we move into ‘the new normal’.
*Returns as of 6/8/2020
Tristan Harrison owns shares of COSTA GRP FPO. The Motley Fool Australia's parent company Motley Fool Holdings Inc. owns shares of and recommends Jumbo Interactive Limited. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of and has recommended COSTA GRP FPO and Sydney Airport Holdings Limited. The Motley Fool Australia has recommended Jumbo Interactive Limited. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Scott Phillips.
- ASX 200 finishes flat, A2 Milk shares drop 10% – September 28, 2020 4:24pm
- I think it’s time to jump on the A2 Milk (ASX:A2M) share price – September 28, 2020 3:38pm
- I’d buy MFF Capital (ASX:MFF) shares this week – September 28, 2020 11:27am