Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO)(ASX: XJO) and ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) indices finished lower on Tuesday.
Here’s a short recap of the Australian market:
- S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) lower 0.04% to 6.847.30
- ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) lower 0.03% to 6,950.50
- AUD/USD at US 69 cents
- Gold at US$1,477.12 an ounce
- Brent Oil at US$65.33 a barrel
One of the best-performing ASX 200 shares today was the Chorus Ltd (ASX: CNU) share price which rose 3.5%.
Some of the profit has been taken off the table with the Virgin Money UK Plc (ASX: VUK) share price falling 6.3%.
The worst performer in the ASX 200 was Smartgroup Corporation Ltd (ASX: SIQ), its share price fell 7.1% after yesterday’s insurance update.
The Lynas Corporation Ltd (ASX: LYC) share price fell 6.2% after the rare earth miner announced there would be no increase in the Malaysian processing limit for 2019.
Finally, the share price of Althea Group Holdings Ltd (ASX: AGH) rose 5.8% after announcing it was approaching 4,000 patients in Australia.
Here are some of today’s top stories:
- Isn’t buying ASX shares on the stock market just gambling?
- Afterpay share price drops as questions raised about the value of Afterpay US
- Catapult share price pushes higher on FIFA Quality certification news
- Does the budget surplus rely too much on iron ore prices?
We hear it over and over from investors, "I wish I had bought Altium or Afterpay when they were first recommended by The Motley Fool. I'd be sitting on a gold mine!" And it's true.
And while Altium and Afterpay have had a good run, we think these 5 other stocks are screaming buys. And you can buy them now for less than $5 a share!
*Extreme Opportunities returns as of June 5th 2020
Motley Fool contributor Tristan Harrison has no position in any of the stocks mentioned. The Motley Fool Australia has no position in any of the stocks mentioned. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Scott Phillips.
- 10 FY21 ASX share picks revealed by Bell Potter – July 1, 2020 6:06pm
- ASX 200 finishes 0.6% higher, Aussie house prices fall – July 1, 2020 5:24pm
- ASX 200 rises 1.4%, Collins Foods delivers tasty returns – June 30, 2020 5:58pm