Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO)(ASX: XJO) and ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) indices finished higher on Friday.
Here’s a short recap of the Australian market:
- S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) higher 0.36% to 6.707.00
- ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) higher 0.33% to 6,813.50
- AUD/USD at US 68 cents
- Gold at US$1,475.54 an ounce
- Brent Oil at US$63.14 a barrel
One of the best-performing ASX 200 shares today was the Avita Medical Ltd (ASX: AVH) share price which rose by 4.6%.
At the bottom of the ASX performance table was the share price of Boral Limited (ASX: BLD), it fell almost 6% after giving an update about its North American windows business.
Some of the gloss was taken off Resolute Mining Limited (ASX: RSG) as it declined 4%, giving up some of yesterday’s impressive gains.
The share price of Afterpay Touch Group Ltd (ASX: APT) rose 0.6% today after announcing that its share purchase plan (SPP) for regular investors would resume.
iSignthis Ltd (ASX: ISX) is still in a trading halt, but it gave an operational update about SWIFT.
Finally, the share price of Medical Developments International Ltd (ASX: MVP) increased by 1.8% after announcing an update regarding its Russian application.
Here are some of today’s top stories:
- RBNZ’s $19bn torpedo can’t sink CBA’s capital return boat
- 10 ASX mid-caps to buy for 2020
- Why shares are great investments part 1: Returns
- Sydney Airport poised to enter 2020 at a record high
Where to invest $1,000 right now
When investing expert Scott Phillips has a stock tip, it can pay to listen. After all, the flagship Motley Fool Share Advisor newsletter he has run for more than eight years has provided thousands of paying members with stock picks that have doubled, tripled or even more.*
Scott just revealed what he believes are the five best ASX stocks for investors to buy right now. These stocks are trading at dirt-cheap prices and Scott thinks they are great buys right now.
*Returns as of June 30th
Tristan Harrison has no position in any of the stocks mentioned. The Motley Fool Australia's parent company Motley Fool Holdings Inc. owns shares of AFTERPAY T FPO. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of and has recommended Medical Developments International Limited. The Motley Fool Australia has recommended BUBS AUST FPO and Scentre Group. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Scott Phillips.
- ASX 200 goes up on Friday – December 4, 2020 4:43pm
- 3 reasons why Pushpay (ASX:PPH) shares could be a buy – December 4, 2020 8:26am
- Here’s why income investors may love Rural Funds (ASX:RFF) – December 4, 2020 7:15am