Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO)(ASX: XJO) and ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) indices finished lower on Friday.
Here’s a short recap of the Australian market:
- S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) lower 0.26% to 6.846.00
- ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) lower 0.25% to 6,948.00
- AUD/USD at US 68 cents
- Gold at US$1,458.53 an ounce
- Brent Oil at US$63.63 a barrel
The share price of Synlait Milk Ltd (ASX: SM1) rose 2.2% after launching an offer of up to $150 million (plus $50 million of oversubscription) of bonds to fund growth.
Saracen Mineral Holdings Limited (ASX: SAR) saw its share price rise 1.1% after announcing the completion of its stake of Super Pit.
At the red end of the ASX the share price of Western Areas Ltd (ASX: WSA) fell 4.1%, making it the worst performer in the ASX 200.
Finally, the Polynovo Ltd (ASX: PNV) share price fell another 4% making November a tough month.
Here are some of today’s top stories:
- How to avoid going bankrupt
- How to hack your net worth
- The real cost of our franking credits
- 3 investments for an ASX at all-time highs
These 3 stocks could be the next big movers in 2020
When investing expert Scott Phillips has a stock tip, it can pay to listen. After all, the flagship Motley Fool Share Advisor newsletter he has run for more than eight years has provided thousands of paying members with stock picks that have doubled, tripled or even more.*
In this FREE STOCK REPORT, Scott just revealed what he believes are the 3 ASX stocks for the post COVID world that investors should buy right now while they still can. These stocks are trading at dirt-cheap prices and Scott thinks these could really go gangbusters as we move into ‘the new normal’.
*Returns as of 6/8/2020
Tristan Harrison has no position in any of the stocks mentioned. The Motley Fool Australia's parent company Motley Fool Holdings Inc. owns shares of ZIPCOLTD FPO. The Motley Fool Australia has recommended BUBS AUST FPO. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Scott Phillips.
- 3 ASX shares poised for huge growth in FY21 – October 1, 2020 1:33pm
- 2 strong ASX shares I’d buy today for growth and income – October 1, 2020 8:46am
- 3 strong and reliable ASX dividend shares for October – September 30, 2020 5:08pm