Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO)(ASX: XJO) and ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) indices finished higher on Monday.
Here’s a short recap of the Australian market:
- S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) higher 0.61% to 6.765.00
- ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) higher 0.53% to 6,869.30
- AUD/USD at US 69 cents
- Gold at US$1,462.59 an ounce
- Brent Oil at US$61.95 a barrel
One of the best-performing ASX 200 shares today was the Speedcast International Ltd (ASX: SDA) share price which rose by 12%.
The share price of Pilbara Minerals Ltd (ASX: PLS) fell 3% before going into a trading halt and announcing there had been an incident at site that needed investigating.
The Bubs Australia Ltd (ASX: BUB) share price rose over 3% after announcing some positive Vietnamese news to investors.
At the bottom of the ASX 200 the share price of Fortescue Metals Group Limited (ASX: FMG) fell over 5%.
Here are some of today’s top stories:
- EML Payments to buy Prepaid Financial Services for up to $526 million
- We Will Remember Them
- iSignthis shares to remain suspended until further notice
- Why I’d sell my soul to own these 7 SaaS businesses
These 3 stocks could be the next big movers in 2020
When investing expert Scott Phillips has a stock tip, it can pay to listen. After all, the flagship Motley Fool Share Advisor newsletter he has run for more than eight years has provided thousands of paying members with stock picks that have doubled, tripled or even more.*
In this FREE STOCK REPORT, Scott just revealed what he believes are the 3 ASX stocks for the post COVID world that investors should buy right now while they still can. These stocks are trading at dirt-cheap prices and Scott thinks these could really go gangbusters as we move into ‘the new normal’.
*Returns as of 6/8/2020
Tristan Harrison has no position in any of the stocks mentioned. The Motley Fool Australia's parent company Motley Fool Holdings Inc. owns shares of AFTERPAY T FPO. The Motley Fool Australia has recommended BUBS AUST FPO and Elders Limited. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Scott Phillips.
- This week I’d buy Bubs (ASX:BUB) at today’s share price – September 21, 2020 8:43am
- 3 ASX 200 growth shares to buy right now – September 20, 2020 10:38am
- Where I’d invest $20,000 into ASX shares right now – September 20, 2020 7:30am