Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO)(ASX: XJO) and ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) indices finished higher on Tuesday.
Here’s a short recap of the Australian market:
- S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) higher 0.17% to 6.697.10
- ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) higher 0.17% to 6,811.60
- AUD/USD at US 69 cents
- Gold at US$1,506.49 an ounce
- Brent Oil at US$62.16 a barrel
One of the best-performing ASX 200 shares today was the Magellan Financial Group Ltd (ASX: MFG) share price, it rose 4%.
The share price of lithium miner Pilbara Minerals Ltd (ASX: PLS) fell almost 8%, making it the worst performer in the ASX 200. The share price of Galaxy Resources Limited (ASX: GXY) also fell down around 5%.
The Speedcast International Ltd (ASX: SDA) share price fell 6% after its credit rating was downgraded.
Share markets here and overseas continue to climb higher, which caused the share price of St Barbara Ltd (ASX: SBM) to fall 2.8%.
Janus Henderson Group (ASX: JHG) saw its share price rise by 3.7%, making it one of the day’s best risers thanks to the rising markets.
Finally, fund manager Pendal Group Ltd (ASX: PDL) experienced a share price gain of 3.5% today.
Here are some of today’s top stories:
- 3 ASX shares to have a bet on for Cup Day
- 4 ASX ETFs to leverage macroeconomic trends
- 3 things every investor should know about the RBA’s rate decision today
- Where I’d invest $50,000 into ETFs
These 3 stocks could be the next big movers in 2020
When investing expert Scott Phillips has a stock tip, it can pay to listen. After all, the flagship Motley Fool Share Advisor newsletter he has run for more than eight years has provided thousands of paying members with stock picks that have doubled, tripled or even more.*
In this FREE STOCK REPORT, Scott just revealed what he believes are the 3 ASX stocks for the post COVID world that investors should buy right now while they still can. These stocks are trading at dirt-cheap prices and Scott thinks these could really go gangbusters as we move into ‘the new normal’.
*Returns as of 6/8/2020
Motley Fool contributor Tristan Harrison has no position in any of the stocks mentioned. The Motley Fool Australia has no position in any of the stocks mentioned. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Scott Phillips.
- This week I’d buy Bubs (ASX:BUB) at today’s share price – September 21, 2020 8:43am
- 3 ASX 200 growth shares to buy right now – September 20, 2020 10:38am
- Where I’d invest $20,000 into ASX shares right now – September 20, 2020 7:30am