Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO)(ASX: XJO) and ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) indices finished lower on Monday.
Here’s a short recap of the Australian market:
- S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) lower 0.01% to 6,649.50
- ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) lower 0.05% to 6,754.90
- AUD/USD at US 69 cents
- Gold at US$1,489.81 an ounce
- Brent Oil at US$59.26 a barrel
Sizeable acquisition news sent the Think Childcare Ltd (ASX: TNK) share price higher by 4.7%.
Here are some of today’s top stories:
- Large ASX investor says FY20 will be a challenged year
- Warning: Ray Dalio says markets are in for a ‘great sag’
- Does Australia have the best retirement system in the world?
- The ASX shares facing off Australia’s worst winter crop in over a decade
The Fool investment team has identified these ASX shares that could be worth a place in your portfolio.
When Edward Vesely -- our resident dividend expert -- has a stock tip, it can pay to listen. With huge winners like Dicker Data (up 147%) and Collins Food (up 105%) under his belt, Edward is building an enviable following amongst investors that are planning for retirement.
In a brand new report, Edward has just revealed what he believes are the 3 best dividend stocks for income-hungry investors to buy now. All 3 stocks are paying growing fully franked dividends giving you the opportunity to combine capital appreciation with attractive dividend yields.
Best of all, Edward’s “Top 3 Dividend Shares To Buy For 2020” report is totally free to all Motley Fool readers.
Motley Fool contributor Tristan Harrison has no position in any of the stocks mentioned. The Motley Fool Australia has recommended Treasury Wine Estates Limited. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Scott Phillips.