Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO)(ASX: XJO) and ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) indices finished lower on Friday.
Here’s a short recap of the Australian market:
- S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) lower 0.52% to 6,649.70
- ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) lower 0.49% to 6,758.40
- AUD/USD at US 68 cents
- Gold at US$1,492.19 an ounce
- Brent Oil at US$59.62 a barrel
One of the best-performing ASX 200 shares today was the Bravura Solutions Ltd (ASX: BVS) share price which rose 7.5%.
The share price of Smartgroup Corporation Ltd (ASX: SIQ) dropped 6.6%, making it one of the worst fallers in the ASX 200.
Southern Cross Media Group Ltd (ASX: SXL) saw its share price grow 3.1% after announcing an acquisition to the market.
The share price of Tassal Group Limited (ASX: TGR) rose almost 3% after the fish company was approved for its prawn expansion plans.
Finally, the share price of Challenger Ltd (ASX: CGF) climbed another 2.9% today after a solid week of growth.
Here are some of today’s top stories:
- Xero share price up as it wins single biggest client ever
- Top fundies say ASX banks are “not the right place to have your money”
- 2 ETFs for easy investing and good returns
- Have we seen the last RBA interest rate cut?
We hear it over and over from investors, "I wish I had bought Altium or Afterpay when they were first recommended by The Motley Fool. I'd be sitting on a gold mine!" And it's true.
And while Altium and Afterpay have had a good run, we think these 5 other stocks are screaming buys. And you can buy them now for less than $5 a share!
*Extreme Opportunities returns as of June 5th 2020
Tristan Harrison has no position in any of the stocks mentioned. The Motley Fool Australia's parent company Motley Fool Holdings Inc. owns shares of AFTERPAY T FPO. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of and has recommended Bravura Solutions Ltd and Challenger Limited. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Scott Phillips.
- Got $3,000? Here are 3 great ASX shares to buy – July 14, 2020 5:45pm
- ASX 200 drops 0.6% today, Afterpay share price down 7% – July 14, 2020 5:35pm
- What I’m looking for in dividend shares during COVID-19 – July 14, 2020 3:27pm