Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO)(ASX: XJO) and ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) indices finished higher on Friday.
Here’s a short recap of the Australian market:
- S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) higher 1.49% to 6,604.20
- ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) higher 1.40% to 6,698.20
- AUD/USD at US 67 cents
- Gold at US$1,527.52 an ounce
- Brent Oil at US$60.97 a barrel
The best-performing ASX 200 share today was the ship building business Austal Limited (ASX: ASB), investors were pleased with its FY19 report.
The share price of Sezzle Inc (ASX: SZL) fell 1.2% after the buy now, pay later company reported its result.
Here are some of today’s top stories:
- Experience Co share price rockets 20% higher after hitting its FY 2019 guidance
- BlueScope share price flat despite ACCC alleging serious cartel behaviour
- Is the BHP share price a buy?
- 3 lessons to be learnt from the August reporting season
These 3 stocks could be the next big movers in 2020
When investing expert Scott Phillips has a stock tip, it can pay to listen. After all, the flagship Motley Fool Share Advisor newsletter he has run for more than eight years has provided thousands of paying members with stock picks that have doubled, tripled or even more.*
In this FREE STOCK REPORT, Scott just revealed what he believes are the 3 ASX stocks for the post COVID world that investors should buy right now while they still can. These stocks are trading at dirt-cheap prices and Scott thinks these could really go gangbusters as we move into ‘the new normal’.
*Returns as of 6/8/2020
Motley Fool contributor Tristan Harrison has no position in any of the stocks mentioned. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of Appen Ltd. The Motley Fool Australia has recommended Freedom Foods Group Limited. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Scott Phillips.
- $3,000 invested in these 3 ASX shares could make you a fortune over the next 10 years – September 26, 2020 9:48am
- How to create a yearly income of $65,000 in dividends – September 26, 2020 8:50am
- I think the Brickworks (ASX:BKW) share price is a buy – September 26, 2020 7:28am