Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO)(ASX: XJO) and ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) indices finished higher on Monday.
Here’s a short recap of the Australian market:
- S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) higher 0.97% to 6,467.40
- ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) higher 1.00% to 6,550.50
- AUD/USD at US 68 cents
- Gold at US$1,507.96 an ounce
- Brent Oil at US$59.32 a barrel
Another business to see its share price perform well today belonged to Beach Energy Ltd (ASX: BPT), it climbed 11.4% thanks to its released report.
Here are some of today’s top stories:
- What does an inverted yield curve mean?
- Is it a good idea to use a credit card for spending money?
- 2 ASX growth shares I’m watching this week
- Why I’m still banking on Xero shares as it sticks to FY 2020 guidance
5 stocks under $5
We hear it over and over from investors, "I wish I had bought Altium or Afterpay when they were first recommended by The Motley Fool. I'd be sitting on a gold mine!" And it's true.
And while Altium and Afterpay have had a good run, we think these 5 other stocks are screaming buys. And you can buy them now for less than $5 a share!
*Extreme Opportunities returns as of June 5th 2020
Motley Fool contributor Tristan Harrison owns shares of Altium. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of Altium and Netwealth. The Motley Fool Australia has recommended NIB Holdings Limited. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Scott Phillips.