Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO)(ASX: XJO) and ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) indices finished lower on Thursday.
Here’s a short recap of the Australian market:
- S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) lower 0.35% to 6,788.90
- ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) lower 0.36% to 6,871.90
- AUD/USD at US 68 cents
- Gold at US$1,406.83 an ounce
- Brent Oil at US$65.17 a barrel
The best-performing ASX 200 share today was the share price of Downer EDI Limited (ASX: DOW) which rose around 3.5% after giving an update about the Murra Warra Wind Farm.
Another of today’s performers was the Nufarm Limited (ASX: NUF) share price which climbed 3% on a trading update.
Gold miner Resolute Mining Limited (ASX: RSG) suffered a share price decline of 5.4% as investors reacted to its announced acquisition.
Investors have sent the share prices of Adelaide Brighton Ltd. (ASX: ABC) and CYBG Plc (ASX: CYB) further down 5.9% and 5.2% respectively with more negative reaction to the disappointing updates earlier this week.
The share price of Unibail-Rodamco-Westfield (ASX: URW) has fallen 0.3% in reaction to its half-year result.
Finally, the share price of Commonwealth Bank of Australia (ASX: CBA) fell 0.5% with Australian house prices stabilising according to CoreLogic.
Here are some of today’s top stories:
- Why the Zip Co share price charged 5% higher today
- Rio Tinto announces US$4.9 billion half year profit and US$1 billion special dividend
- Why PointsBet shares are soaring on a US licensing deal
- Federal Reserve cuts U.S. interest rates: Will the RBA do the same next week?
Where to invest $1,000 right now
When investing expert Scott Phillips has a stock tip, it can pay to listen. After all, the flagship Motley Fool Share Advisor newsletter he has run for more than eight years has provided thousands of paying members with stock picks that have doubled, tripled or even more.*
Scott just revealed what he believes are the five best ASX stocks for investors to buy right now. These stocks are trading at dirt-cheap prices and Scott thinks they are great buys right now.
*Returns as of February 15th 2021
Motley Fool contributor Tristan Harrison has no position in any of the stocks mentioned. The Motley Fool Australia has no position in any of the stocks mentioned. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Scott Phillips.
- 2 ASX shares rated as strong buys by brokers for March – February 27, 2021 11:38am
- 2 small ASX shares that just reported big dividends – February 27, 2021 11:15am
- 3 strong growth areas that may mean the Bubs (ASX:BUB) share price is a buy – February 27, 2021 9:50am