Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO)(ASX: XJO) and ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) indices finished higher on Thursday.
Here’s a short recap of the Australian market:
- S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) higher 0.39% to 6,383.00
- ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) higher 0.35% to 6,466.40
- AUD/USD at US 70 cents
- Gold at US$1,332.28 an ounce
- Brent Oil at US$60.84 a barrel
The share price of Ausdrill Limited (ASX: ASL) fell 6.8% due to an impairment for FY19.
Finally, gold miners had a decent day today. The Saracen Mineral Holdings Limited (ASX: SAR) share price rose by 3.7%.
Here are some of today’s top stories:
- Is the CBA share price a buy for the 7.7% dividend yield?
- Is the InvoCare share price a buy today?
- The Tinybeans share price soars as Apple’s ‘App of the Day’
- Warning: These 3 shares are being heavily shorted
Where to invest $1,000 right now
When investing expert Scott Phillips has a stock tip, it can pay to listen. After all, the flagship Motley Fool Share Advisor newsletter he has run for more than eight years has provided thousands of paying members with stock picks that have doubled, tripled or even more.*
Scott just revealed what he believes are the five best ASX stocks for investors to buy right now. These stocks are trading at dirt-cheap prices and Scott thinks they are great buys right now.
*Returns as of June 30th
Tristan Harrison has no position in any of the stocks mentioned. The Motley Fool Australia's parent company Motley Fool Holdings Inc. owns shares of WiseTech Global. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of AFTERPAY T FPO. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Scott Phillips.
- ASX 200 edges lower, Melbourne enters stage 4 lockdown – August 3, 2020 5:23pm
- Is the Wesfarmers or Rural Funds share price a buy for dividend income? – August 3, 2020 4:25pm
- WAM Microcap share price rises on big special dividend – August 3, 2020 3:16pm