Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO)(ASX: XJO) and ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) indices finished higher on Wednesday.
Here’s a short recap of the Australian market:
- S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) higher 0.41% to 6,358.50
- ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) higher 0.42% to 6,443.60
- AUD/USD at US 70 cents
- Gold at US$1,332.62 an ounce
- Brent Oil at US$61.49 a barrel
The gold sector suffered with the global share market recovering over the past 24 hours. The Evolution Mining Ltd (ASX: EVN) share price dropped 5.6%.
The share price of Splitit Ltd (ASX: SPT) rose 8.2% in response to a new partnership with a Hong Kong business.
The share price of Charter Hall Long WALE REIT (ASX: CLW) went into a trading halt today with the property business raising capital and making acquisitions.
The Elixinol Global Ltd (ASX: EXL) share price fell 7.5% after raising $50 million to accelerate its US expansion.
Finally, the share price of Bingo Industries Ltd (ASX: BIN) rose 5.5%, making it one of the ASX 200’s top performers.
Here are some of today’s top stories:
- Share market star Audinate flags capital raising
- 3 ASX shares rated as strong buys by brokers
- Telstra’s plan to dial up the pain just sent its shares to a 52-week high
- Why a2 Milk is the high-growth ASX share your portfolio needs
These 3 stocks could be the next big movers in 2020
When investing expert Scott Phillips has a stock tip, it can pay to listen. After all, the flagship Motley Fool Share Advisor newsletter he has run for more than eight years has provided thousands of paying members with stock picks that have doubled, tripled or even more.*
In this FREE STOCK REPORT, Scott just revealed what he believes are the 3 ASX stocks for the post COVID world that investors should buy right now while they still can. These stocks are trading at dirt-cheap prices and Scott thinks these could really go gangbusters as we move into ‘the new normal’.
*Returns as of 6/8/2020
Motley Fool contributor Tristan Harrison has no position in any of the stocks mentioned. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of AFTERPAY T FPO. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Scott Phillips.
- ASX 200 finishes flat, A2 Milk shares drop 10% – September 28, 2020 4:24pm
- I think it’s time to jump on the A2 Milk (ASX:A2M) share price – September 28, 2020 3:38pm
- I’d buy MFF Capital (ASX:MFF) shares this week – September 28, 2020 11:27am