Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO)(ASX: XJO) and ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) indices finished lower on Friday.
Here’s a short recap of the Australian market:
- S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) lower 0.04% to 6,335.80
- ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) lower 0.04% to 6,427.20
- AUD/USD at US 70 cents
- Gold at US$1,271.19 an ounce
- Brent Oil at US$70.54 a barrel
The Bravura Solutions Ltd (ASX: BVS) share price dropped 4.8% today after returning to trade because of its plan to do a capital raising, but GBST Holdings Limited (ASX: GBT) also issued an announcement relating to the proposed acquisition, which sent the GBST share price down almost 3%.
Finally, the share price of Beach Energy Ltd (ASX: BPT) share price dropped nearly 3% because of the falling oil price.
Here are some of today’s top stories:
- Berkshire Hathaway has bought Amazon shares, should you copy Warren Buffett?
- I guarantee these stats will scare the hell out of big bank shareholders
- Is it ‘different this time’, or is there pain ahead for ASX tech stocks?
- Macquarie Group warns the market’s got it wrong on the Woolworths share price
This Tiny ASX Stock Could Be the Next Afterpay
One little-known Australian IPO has doubled in value since January, and renowned Australian Moonshot stock picker Anirban Mahanti sees a potential millionaire-maker in waiting...
Because 'Doc' Mahanti believes this fast-growing company has all the hallmarks of genuine Moonshot potential, forget 'buy now pay later', this stock could be the next hot stock on the ASX.
Doc and his team have published a detailed report on this tiny ASX stock. Find out how you can access what could be the NEXT Afterpay today!
Returns as of 6th October 2020
Tristan Harrison has no position in any of the stocks mentioned. The Motley Fool Australia's parent company Motley Fool Holdings Inc. owns shares of Bravura Solutions Ltd. The Motley Fool Australia has recommended Bravura Solutions Ltd, GBST Holdings Limited, Macquarie Group Limited, and ResMed Inc. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Scott Phillips.