Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO)(ASX: XJO) and ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) indices finished lower on Thursday.
Here’s a short recap of the Australian market:
- S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) lower 0.59% to 6,375.90
- ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) lower 0.56% to 6,430.00
- AUD/USD at US 70 cents
- Gold at US$1,272.15 an ounce
- Brent Oil at US$71.82 a barrel
The best-performing ASX 200 share today was the Pilbara Minerals Ltd (ASX: PLS) share price which rose 9.1% with the market being very excited about the lithium sector.
Here are some of today’s top stories:
- Treasury Wines: We’re on track to deliver strong multi-year growth
- Why the Transurban share price has been hitting the roof
- Why has the AMP share price slumped this morning?
- Why Bravura Solutions shares are in a trading halt
We hear it over and over from investors, "I wish I had bought Altium or Afterpay when they were first recommended by The Motley Fool. I'd be sitting on a gold mine!" And it's true.
And while Altium and Afterpay have had a good run, we think these 5 other stocks are screaming buys. And you can buy them now for less than $5 a share!
*Extreme Opportunities returns as of June 5th 2020
Tristan Harrison has no position in any of the stocks mentioned. The Motley Fool Australia's parent company Motley Fool Holdings Inc. owns shares of Hansen Technologies. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of and has recommended Telstra Limited and Wesfarmers Limited. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of National Australia Bank Limited. The Motley Fool Australia has recommended Hansen Technologies. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Scott Phillips.