Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO)(ASX: XJO) and ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) indices finished higher on Friday.
Here’s a short recap of the Australian market:
- S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) higher 0.06% to 6,385.60
- ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) higher 0.04% to 6,473.20
- AUD/USD at US 70 cents
- Gold at US$1,282.04 an ounce
- Brent Oil at US$74.15 a barrel
The best-performing ASX 200 share today was the Saracen Mineral Holdings Limited (ASX: SAR) share price which increased by 5.5%.
The share price of Domino’s Pizza Enterprises Ltd. (ASX: DMP) shrank 4.3%, investors may be worried about what the company is about to report about its European operations.
The share price of National Veterinary Care Ltd (ASX: NVL) dropped 1.3% despite announcing more acquisitions for its clinic network.
The AP Eagers Ltd (ASX: APE) share price rose 1.5% after announcing a sale and leaseback of three of its properties.
Here are some of today’s top stories:
- How I’d invest $50,000 into ETFs on the ASX
- Is AFIC the best share for beginners?
- Attention: The Dicker Data COO is backing up the truck for more shares
- 3 explosive ASX growth shares to buy in May
Where to invest $1,000 right now
When investing expert Scott Phillips has a stock tip, it can pay to listen. After all, the flagship Motley Fool Share Advisor newsletter he has run for more than eight years has provided thousands of paying members with stock picks that have doubled, tripled or even more.*
Scott just revealed what he believes are the five best ASX stocks for investors to buy right now. These stocks are trading at dirt-cheap prices and Scott thinks they are great buys right now.
*Returns as of June 30th
Tristan Harrison has no position in any of the stocks mentioned. The Motley Fool Australia's parent company Motley Fool Holdings Inc. owns shares of Cochlear Ltd. and NATVETCARE FPO. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of and has recommended Flight Centre Travel Group Limited. The Motley Fool Australia has recommended Accent Group, Cochlear Ltd., and Domino's Pizza Enterprises Limited. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Scott Phillips.
- ASX 200 falls 0.6%, REA Group reports – August 7, 2020 5:40pm
- 3 ASX shares poised for huge growth over the next year – August 7, 2020 4:13pm
- Future Generation LICs grow dividends in June result – August 7, 2020 3:11pm