Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO)(ASX: XJO) and ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) indices finished higher on Wednesday.
Here’s a short recap of the Australian market:
- S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) higher 0.68% to 6,285.00
- ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) higher 0.65% to 6,368.70
- AUD/USD at US 71 cents
- Gold at US$1,293.23 an ounce
- Brent Oil at US$69.73 a barrel
The Domain Holdings Australia Ltd (ASX: DHG) share price also went up by nearly 8.2%.
The Spark New Zealand Ltd (ASX: SPK) share price dropped almost 4% after the company announced the managing director was leaving.
The Freedom Foods Group Ltd (ASX: FNP) share price dropped 2.4% after completing a key commissioning step in relation to Lactoferrin production.
Finally, the BHP Group Ltd (ASX: BHP) share price rose another 2.3% today. It has been a good year so far for the resources business.
Here are some of today’s top stories:
- Is Altium the perfect ASX growth share?
- 3 ASX dividend shares raising dividends like clockwork
- Why I would buy shares in this ASX online advertising giant
- Is it too late to buy ANZ, CBA, NAB, and Westpac shares?
BHP has been one of the best ASX blue chips to own so far this year, but it might have run as far as it can unless commodity prices go higher.
5 stocks under $5
We hear it over and over from investors, "I wish I had bought Altium or Afterpay when they were first recommended by The Motley Fool. I'd be sitting on a gold mine!" And it's true.
And while Altium and Afterpay have had a good run, we think these 5 other stocks are screaming buys. And you can buy them now for less than $5 a share!
*Extreme Opportunities returns as of June 5th 2020
Motley Fool contributor Tristan Harrison has no position in any of the stocks mentioned. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of A2 Milk. The Motley Fool Australia has recommended Freedom Foods Group Limited. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Scott Phillips.
- I think the Rural Funds share price is a buy after insider buying – July 7, 2020 2:47pm
- 3 ASX dividend shares to grow and diversify your income – July 7, 2020 9:31am
- Have $10,000 to invest? I’d pick these ASX shares – July 6, 2020 5:45pm