Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO)(ASX: XJO) and ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) indices finished higher on Monday.
Here’s a short recap of the Australian market:
- S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) higher 0.59% to 6,217.00
- ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) higher 0.61% to 6,299.70
- AUD/USD at US 71 cents
- Gold at US$1,291.20 an ounce
- Brent Oil at US$68.27 a barrel
Cimic Group Ltd (ASX: CIM) shares rose 1.5% today with the engineering business announcing more contract wins.
Here are some of today’s top stories:
- Australian house prices just dropped again in March
- Should you buy things using Afterpay?
- Why I think everyone should include infrastructure shares in their portfolio
- The first 2 blue-chip dividend shares I’d buy for my SMSF
Afterpay shares might reach $30 sometime this year at this rate, but it’s certainly priced for a lot of growth right now. I think these top ASX stocks could be better picks.
For many, blue chip stocks mean stability, profitability and regular dividends, often fully franked...
But knowing which blue chips to buy, and when, can be fraught with danger.
The Motley Fool’s in-house analyst team has poured over thousands of hours worth of proprietary research to bring you the names of "The Motley Fool’s Top 3 Blue Chip Stocks for 2019."
Each one pays a fully franked dividend. The names of these Top 3 ASX Blue Chips are included in this specially prepared free report. But you will have to hurry. Depending on demand – and how quickly the share prices of these companies move – we may be forced to remove this report.
Click here to claim your free report.
Motley Fool contributor Tristan Harrison has no position in any of the stocks mentioned. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of AFTERPAY T FPO. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Scott Phillips.