Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO)(ASX: XJO) and ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) indices finished lower on Wednesday.
Here’s a short recap of the Australian market:
- S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) lower 0.22% to 6,161.20
- ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) lower 0.23% to 6,246.00
- AUD/USD at US 71 cents
- Gold at US$1,304.71 an ounce
- Brent Oil at US$66.89 a barrel
The share price of property business GPT Group (ASX: GPT) dropped 0.6% as it announced it has reached a binding agreement to sell its stake of the MLC Centre for $800 million.
Appen Ltd (ASX: APX) shares have rebounded 5.1% higher today with the machine learning business recovering some of the lost ground from when it returned to trade from its trading halt.
The Magellan Global Trust (ASX: MGG) share price dropped 2.1% today as its newly issued units hit the ASX boards.
Finally, New Hope Corporation Limited (ASX: NHC) shares are 4.3% higher with the New Acland Stage 3 Environment Authority amendment being granted.
Here are some of today’s top stories:
- Do you get a retail discount when you DON’T pay with Afterpay?
- Is the CBA share price a buy?
- 3 defensive ASX shares to watch amid global economic slowdown
- Stocks or Property: Crunching the numbers on home ownership
- Why the Audinate share price is up 57% in 2019
5 stocks under $5
We hear it over and over from investors, "I wish I had bought Altium or Afterpay when they were first recommended by The Motley Fool. I'd be sitting on a gold mine!" And it's true.
And while Altium and Afterpay have had a good run, we think these 5 other stocks are screaming buys. And you can buy them now for less than $5 a share!
*Extreme Opportunities returns as of June 5th 2020
Motley Fool contributor Tristan Harrison owns shares of MAGLOBTRST UNITS. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of Appen Ltd. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Scott Phillips.