Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO)(ASX: XJO) and ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) indices finished lower on Monday.
Here’s a short recap of the Australian market:
- S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) lower 0.38% to 6,180.20
- ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) lower 0.38% to 6,263.30
- AUD/USD at US 70 cents
- Gold at US$1,298.23 an ounce
- Brent Oil at US$65.98 a barrel
The best-performing ASX 200 share today was Perpetual Limited (ASX: PPT), its share price rose over 12% with speculation there could be some news about to be announced by the fund manager.
Bingo Industries Ltd (ASX: BIN) shares dropped nearly 5%, making it the worst performer in the ASX 200.
Gold miners had a very strong day, St Barbara Ltd (ASX: SBM) went up nearly 7.4%, Resolute Mining Limited (ASX: RSG) shares increased in price by 5.9% and the Saracen Mineral Holdings Limited (ASX: SAR) share price rose by 5.5%.
Finally, the InvoCare Limited (ASX: IVC) share price dropped 2.8% after returning to trade from its capital raising announcement.
Here are some of today’s top stories:
- A huge international supermarket is about to gatecrash Coles, Woolworths and Aldi
- Is a credit card a good replacement for an emergency fund?
- The Splitit share price is making Bitcoin’s rise look pathetic
- Will Brexit hurt the Ramsay Health Care share price?
5 stocks under $5
We hear it over and over from investors, "I wish I had bought Altium or Afterpay when they were first recommended by The Motley Fool. I'd be sitting on a gold mine!" And it's true.
And while Altium and Afterpay have had a good run, we think these 5 other stocks are screaming buys. And you can buy them now for less than $5 a share!
*Extreme Opportunities returns as of June 5th 2020
Motley Fool contributor Tristan Harrison owns shares of InvoCare Limited. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of Appen Ltd. The Motley Fool Australia has recommended InvoCare Limited. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Scott Phillips.