Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO)(ASX: XJO) and ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) indices finished higher on Monday.
Here’s a short recap of the Australian market:
- S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) higher 0.31% to 6,186.30
- ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) higher 0.35% to 6,263.60
- AUD/USD at US 71 cents
- Gold at US$1,330.24 an ounce
- Brent Oil at US$66.91 a barrel
Here are some of today’s top stories:
- Is the Telstra share price a buy on 5G pricing news?
- Shares rally after Trump tweets US ready to “conclude agreement” on tariffs
- Is the Equity Trustees share price a buy?
- Brambles share price surge as it prepares to hand out a $2.7bn capital return
Appen really impressed investors with its report today, but it is priced for a lot of future success, so it might be better to look at these top ASX shares instead.
For many, blue chip stocks mean stability, profitability and regular dividends, often fully franked...
But knowing which blue chips to buy, and when, can be fraught with danger.
The Motley Fool’s in-house analyst team has poured over thousands of hours worth of proprietary research to bring you the names of "The Motley Fool’s Top 3 Blue Chip Stocks for 2019."
Each one pays a fully franked dividend. The names of these Top 3 ASX Blue Chips are included in this specially prepared free report. But you will have to hurry. Depending on demand – and how quickly the share prices of these companies move – we may be forced to remove this report.
Click here to claim your free report.
Motley Fool contributor Tristan Harrison owns shares of NATVETCARE FPO. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of and has recommended Nanosonics Limited. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of AFTERPAY T FPO, Appen Ltd, and NATVETCARE FPO. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Scott Phillips.