Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO)(ASX: XJO) and ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) indices finished higher on Friday.
Here’s a short recap of the Australian market:
- S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) higher 0.46% to 6,167.30
- ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) higher 0.44% to 6,241.90
- AUD/USD at US 71 cents
- Gold at US$1,324.96 an ounce
- Brent Oil at US$66.92 a barrel
The best-performing ASX 200 share today was InvoCare Limited (ASX: IVC), its share price rose 11.8% with the funeral operator saying conditions may be returning to normal in its 2018 full-year result.
Here are some of today’s top stories:
- Why the Hansen share price is tumbling today
- Ardent Leisure share price surges 5% on half-year earnings
- Why the Appen share price zoomed to an all-time high today
- Wesfarmers share price hit by two broker downgrades
Where to invest $1,000 right now
When investing expert Scott Phillips has a stock tip, it can pay to listen. After all, the flagship Motley Fool Share Advisor newsletter he has run for more than eight years has provided thousands of paying members with stock picks that have doubled, tripled or even more.*
Scott just revealed what he believes are the five best ASX stocks for investors to buy right now. These stocks are trading at dirt-cheap prices and Scott thinks they are great buys right now.
*Returns as of June 30th
Motley Fool contributor Tristan Harrison owns shares of BWX Limited and InvoCare Limited. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of and has recommended BWX Limited. The Motley Fool Australia has recommended Automotive Holdings Group Limited, InvoCare Limited, iSentia Group Ltd, Kogan.com ltd, and Webjet Ltd. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Scott Phillips.
- ASX 200 drops 0.7%, Telstra falls 7.7% – August 13, 2020 5:03pm
- 2 of the best ASX tech shares to buy and hold until 2025 – August 13, 2020 4:11pm
- Why the FY20 result sent the PM Capital Global Opportunities Fund share price up 4% – August 13, 2020 3:13pm