Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO)(ASX: XJO) and ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) indices finished higher on Friday.
Here’s a short recap of the Australian market:
- S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) higher 0.11% to 6,066.10
- ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) higher 0.15% to 6,148.60
- AUD/USD at US 71 cents
- Gold at US$1,313.00 an ounce
- Brent Oil at US$64.94 a barrel
The best-performing ASX 200 share today was Domain Holdings Australia Ltd (ASX: DHG), the property website business’ share price increased by 20.6%.
Retirement village operator Aveo Group’s (ASX: AOG) shares rose by 10% today after reporting a couple of days ago.
Here are some of today’s top stories:
- 3 ASX200 growth shares to buy to help you beat the market
- The easiest money you’ll ever make. Guaranteed.
- Why I think the REA Group share price is a buy (and hold)
- Link Administration share price falls as superannuation regulation bites
Where to invest $1,000 right now
When investing expert Scott Phillips has a stock tip, it can pay to listen. After all, the flagship Motley Fool Share Advisor newsletter he has run for more than eight years has provided thousands of paying members with stock picks that have doubled, tripled or even more.*
Scott just revealed what he believes are the five best ASX stocks for investors to buy right now. These stocks are trading at dirt-cheap prices and Scott thinks they are great buys right now.
*Returns as of June 30th
Motley Fool contributor Tristan Harrison has no position in any of the stocks mentioned. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of A2 Milk. The Motley Fool Australia has recommended Automotive Holdings Group Limited. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Scott Phillips.
- 3 ASX dividend shares raising their dividends like clockwork – August 5, 2020 7:50am
- ASX 200 jumps 2% higher, Afterpay soars – August 4, 2020 5:12pm
- I don’t normally buy ETFs, but I would invest in these 2 – August 4, 2020 3:57pm