Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO)(ASX: XJO) and ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) indices finished higher on Thursday.
Here’s a short recap of the Australian market:
- S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) higher 0.38% to 5,865.70
- ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) higher 0.37% to 5,930.50
- AUD/USD at US 71 cents
- Gold at US$1,281.85 an ounce
- Brent Oil at US$61.71 a barrel
The best-performing ASX 200 share today was salary packaging business McMillan Shakespeare Limited (ASX: MMS) which rose by 5.2%.
Shares of Greencross Limited (ASX: GXL) rose 0.4% after the pet business declared a special dividend for the remaining shareholders before the takeover is completed.
Here are some of today’s top stories:
- Why I’m holding onto my Challenger shares
- Why Goldman Sachs rates Afterpay shares as a buy
- Why this economist is forecasting a 15% plunge in the Aussie dollar to US60 cents
5 stocks under $5
We hear it over and over from investors, "I wish I had bought Altium or Afterpay when they were first recommended by The Motley Fool. I'd be sitting on a gold mine!" And it's true.
And while Altium and Afterpay have had a good run, we think these 5 other stocks are screaming buys. And you can buy them now for less than $5 a share!
*Extreme Opportunities returns as of June 5th 2020
Motley Fool contributor Tristan Harrison has no position in any of the stocks mentioned. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of COLESGROUP DEF SET and National Australia Bank Limited. The Motley Fool Australia has recommended Greencross Limited. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Scott Phillips.