Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO)(ASX: XJO) and ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) indices finished higher on Monday.
Here’s a short recap of the Australian market:
- S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) higher 0.18% to 5,890.40
- ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) higher 0.21% to 5,953.50
- AUD/USD at US 72 cents
- Gold at US$1,283.01 an ounce
- Brent Oil at US$62.89 a barrel
The best-performing ASX 200 share today was industrial business Pact Group Holdings Ltd (ASX: PGH), it rose 6.9%.
The CYBG Plc (ASX: CYB) share price gained almost 3% as a bit of investor confidence returned after Brexit worries last week.
The share price of Treasury Wine Estates Ltd (ASX: TWE) rose over 1% despite announcing that its chief operating officer is leaving the company immediately due to breaching the company’s internal policies.
Finally, gold miners suffered a negative day as the share market continues its recovery. The St Barbara Ltd (ASX: SBM) share price fall of nearly 3% was the worst of the ASX 200 gold sector.
Here are some of today’s top stories:
- Property price declines could be twice as bad as expected
- Why the Admedus share price is sinking again on more big losses
- These 3 financial habits can help you to retire earlier
- ANZ Bank vs CBA: Which bank share should you buy?
We hear it over and over from investors, "I wish I had bought Altium or Afterpay when they were first recommended by The Motley Fool. I'd be sitting on a gold mine!" And it's true.
And while Altium and Afterpay have had a good run, we think these 5 other stocks are screaming buys. And you can buy them now for less than $5 a share!
*Extreme Opportunities returns as of June 5th 2020
Motley Fool contributor Tristan Harrison has no position in any of the stocks mentioned. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of and has recommended Treasury Wine Estates Limited. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of AFTERPAY T FPO. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Scott Phillips.
- 10 FY21 ASX share picks revealed by Bell Potter – July 1, 2020 6:06pm
- ASX 200 finishes 0.6% higher, Aussie house prices fall – July 1, 2020 5:24pm
- ASX 200 rises 1.4%, Collins Foods delivers tasty returns – June 30, 2020 5:58pm