Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO)(ASX: XJO) and ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) indices finished higher on Friday.
Here’s a short recap of the Australian market:
- S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) higher 0.50% to 5,879.60
- ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) higher 0.53% to 5,941.20
- AUD/USD at US 72 cents
- Gold at US$1,291.88 an ounce
- Brent Oil at US$61.83 a barrel
Shares of Kogan.Com Ltd (ASX: KGN) rose another 15% today as investors were excited by what the online retailer announced yesterday.
The share price of Sydney Airport Holdings Pty Ltd (ASX: SYD) fell nearly 3% after the airport operator reported that domestic passengers dropped in December 2018 compared to the prior corresponding year.
Finally, Clean TeQ Holdings Limited (ASX: CLQ) shares fell 5% due to announcing its quarterly activities and cashflow report.
Here are some of today’s top stories:
- 3 ASX growth shares to buy before reporting season
- “A ripper quarter”: How Atlassian’s SaaS business model is rewriting the valuation rules
- The most important financial concept you need to grasp before investing for your retirement
- Where to invest $25,000 in buy and hold ASX shares
Motley Fool contributor Tristan Harrison has no position in any of the stocks mentioned. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of and has recommended Sydney Airport Holdings Limited. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of AFTERPAY T FPO and Appen Ltd. The Motley Fool Australia has recommended Kogan.com ltd. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Scott Phillips.