Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO)(ASX: XJO) and ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) indices finished lower on Monday.
Here’s a short recap of the Australian market:
- S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) lower 0.14% to 5,646.40
- ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) lower 0.12% to 5,709.40
- AUD/USD at US 71 cents
- Gold at US$1,281.95 an ounce
- Brent Oil at US$53.82 a barrel
The best-performing ASX 200 share today was renewable energy business Infigen Energy Ltd (ASX: IFN), its share price finished the final day of the year up 4.5%.
Here are some of today’s top stories:
- Why I bought AfterPay Touch shares in December 2018
- 2 reasons why millennials could be the best investors
- Want a risk-free, tax-free return? (No, seriously)
- The Atomos share price has almost doubled in just two days
An Altium insider may think its shares are a buy, but there could be even better investment options out there in this market.
Motley Fool contributor Tristan Harrison owns shares of Altium and InvoCare Limited. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of Altium. The Motley Fool Australia has recommended InvoCare Limited. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Scott Phillips.