Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO)(ASX: XJO) and ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) indices finished lower on Friday.
Here’s a short recap of the Australian market:
- S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) lower 0.69% to 5,467.60
- ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) lower 0.71% to 5,533.30
- AUD/USD at US 71 cents
- Gold at US$1,258.88 an ounce
- Brent Oil at US$54.70 a barrel
The best-performing ASX 200 share today was gold miner Resolute Mining Limited (ASX: RSG) which saw its share price rise by 6.4% thanks to the declining share market. Other gold miners also got a boost including Northern Star Resources Ltd (ASX: NST) which went up by 3.7%.
It was another tough day for lithium miners which are reeling after yesterday’s disappointing price announcement by Orocobre Limited (ASX: ORE) which saw its share price fall another 11% today. The Pilbara Minerals Ltd (ASX: PLS) share price also dropped 8.7%.
Here are some of today’s top stories:
- Will the worst Santa crash in 16 years trigger a meltdown in the ASX 200 in 2019?
- Can the Pro Medicus gravy train rumble on in 2019?
- The bear roars for the NASDAQ
- Should you buy Bank of Queensland shares for their massive 8.3% dividend yield?
We hear it over and over from investors, "I wish I had bought Altium or Afterpay when they were first recommended by The Motley Fool. I'd be sitting on a gold mine!" And it's true.
And while Altium and Afterpay have had a good run, we think these 5 other stocks are screaming buys. And you can buy them now for less than $5 a share!
*Extreme Opportunities returns as of June 5th 2020
Motley Fool contributor Tristan Harrison has no position in any of the stocks mentioned. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of Insurance Australia Group Limited, Vista Group Int'l, and WiseTech Global. The Motley Fool Australia has recommended Integrated Research Limited. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Scott Phillips.
- 10 FY21 ASX share picks revealed by Bell Potter – July 1, 2020 6:06pm
- ASX 200 finishes 0.6% higher, Aussie house prices fall – July 1, 2020 5:24pm
- ASX 200 rises 1.4%, Collins Foods delivers tasty returns – June 30, 2020 5:58pm