Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO)(ASX: XJO) and ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) indices finished lower on Wednesday.
Here’s a short recap of the Australian market:
- S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) lower 0.78% to 5,668.40
- ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) lower 0.83% to 5,749.10
- AUD/USD at US 73 cents
- Gold at US$1,239.05 an ounce
- Brent Oil at US$61.04 a barrel
The share price of TV & media business Nine Entertainment Co Holdings Ltd (ASX: NEC) fell nearly 8% after responding to an article in The Australian about Macquarie Media Ltd (ASX: MRN), which rose by 12.6%.
Here are some of today’s top stories:
- The behaviour gap: Why many investors don’t beat the share market
- The ASX ETF to buy to help you beat the experts
- Up 41% in 2018: Is it too late to buy ResMed Inc shares?
- CSL share price falls as it reveals blockbuster new product pipeline
NEW! The Motley Fool’s team of crack analysts has just released a timely report revealing the names and codes of their top 3 dividend share recommendations for 2019. Be among the first investors to get access—FREE, for a strictly limited time. You’ll discover the names of 3 hefty dividend paying companies with what our analysts consider to be solid growth prospects for the year ahead…
The first two currently offer fat, fully franked yields and the third is a surprising REIT offering you the chance to become a landlord with none of the hassle! If you’re looking for hot new ideas, look no further. But you do need to hurry. Snap up your free copy now, before supplies run out!
Motley Fool contributor Tristan Harrison owns shares of Altium. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of and has recommended Telstra Limited. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of Altium. The Motley Fool Australia has recommended TPG Telecom Limited. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Scott Phillips.