Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO)(ASX: XJO) and ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) indices finished lower on Friday.
Here’s a short recap of the Australian market:
- S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) lower 1.58% to 5,667.20
- ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) lower 1.48% to 5,749.30
- AUD/USD at US 73 cents
- Gold at US$1,224.12 an ounce
- Brent Oil at US$59.65 a barrel
The best-performing ASX 200 share today was retirement village operator Aveo Group (ASX: AOG), its share price rose 4.3% after giving investors a strategic review update.
Afterpay Touch Group Ltd (ASX: APT) shares rose by another 4%, marking the end of a very strong week for the buy now, pay later business.
It wasn’t a good day for Coca-Cola Amatil Ltd (ASX: CCL) as its share price fell nearly 14.5% after holding its AGM and saying it wasn’t a good year for SPC.
The Blue Sky Alternatives Access Fund Ltd (ASX: BAF) share price is up 6% today with it seemingly on track for management by WAM after the other competitor pulled out.
Gold miner St Barbara Ltd (ASX: SBM) saw its share price rise 4.2%, making it one of the best performers today in the ASX 200.
Finally, the Aristocrat Leisure Limited (ASX: ALL) share price dropped another 7%, making it the second biggest fall in the ASX 200.
Here are some of today’s top stories:
- 5 reasons the Commonwealth Bank of Australia (ASX:CBA) share price could be a buy
- These were the best performers on the ASX 200 in November
- Why this lithium miner’s shares have stormed higher today
- Sydney’s house price falls accelerate in November, expert tips 15% fall in total
Where to invest $1,000 right now
When investing expert Scott Phillips has a stock tip, it can pay to listen. After all, the flagship Motley Fool Share Advisor newsletter he has run for more than eight years has provided thousands of paying members with stock picks that have doubled, tripled or even more.*
Scott just revealed what he believes are the five best ASX stocks for investors to buy right now. These stocks are trading at dirt-cheap prices and Scott thinks they are great buys right now.
*Returns as of June 30th
Motley Fool contributor Tristan Harrison has no position in any of the stocks mentioned. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of AFTERPAY T FPO and COLESGROUP DEF SET. The Motley Fool Australia has recommended Coca-Cola Amatil Limited. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Scott Phillips.
- Why the FY20 result sent the PM Capital Global Opportunities Fund share price up 4% – August 13, 2020 3:13pm
- 2 ASX shares that every investor should own – August 12, 2020 6:01pm
- ASX 200 drifts 0.1% lower, CBA reports solid FY20 result – August 12, 2020 5:09pm