Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO)(ASX: XJO) and ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) indices finished lower on Wednesday.
Here’s a short recap of the Australian market:
- S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) lower 0.51% to 5,642.80
- ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) lower 0.64% to 5,722.10
- AUD/USD at US 72 cents
- Gold at US$1,223.60 an ounce
- Brent Oil at US$63.25 a barrel
Oil companies took a hit with the oil price falling over the past 24 hours, Beach Energy Ltd (ASX: BPT) shares fell 10.7%.
Finally, the Sonic Healthcare Limited (ASX: SHL) share price rose 4.1% today with the healthcare giant also holding its AGM.
Here are some of today’s top stories:
- Key takeaways from the Woolworths Group Ltd (ASX:WOW) AGM
- 3 investment strategies to become rich with ASX shares
- 5 reasons Orocobre Limited (ASX:ORE) could be the best lithium share on the ASX
When a veritable investing and entrepreneurial genius speaks, it pays to listen.
In fact, he's now preparing a $100B "war chest" to invest entirely in this "terrifying" new technology, which could spell huge profits for investors.
Motley Fool contributor Tristan Harrison owns shares of NATVETCARE FPO. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of and has recommended Wesfarmers Limited. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of NATVETCARE FPO. The Motley Fool Australia has recommended REA Group Limited. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Scott Phillips.