Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO)(ASX: XJO) and ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) indices finished lower on Tuesday.
Here’s a short recap of the Australian market:
- S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) lower 0.38% to 5,671.80
- ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) lower 0.47% to 5,759.20
- AUD/USD at US 73 cents
- Gold at US$1,224.55 an ounce
- Brent Oil at US$66.46 a barrel
The Fletcher Building Limited (ASX: FBU) share price declined 10.8% after warning investors that the housing market was beginning to hurt its short-term future.
The share price of leisure business Ardent Leisure Group (ASX: AAD) fell 1% despite providing a positive trading update.
Here are some of today’s top stories:
- Why the Integrated Research Limited (ASX:IRI) share price is down 11% today
- Is the Sydney Airport Holdings Pty Ltd (ASX:SYD) share price in the buy zone after today’s update?
- Why the Pro Medicus Limited (ASX:PME) share price is rocketing higher today
- Zip Co Ltd (ASX:Z1P) share price higher on Bunnings deal: Should you invest?
Where to invest $1,000 right now
When investing expert Scott Phillips has a stock tip, it can pay to listen. After all, the flagship Motley Fool Share Advisor newsletter he has run for more than eight years has provided thousands of paying members with stock picks that have doubled, tripled or even more.*
Scott just revealed what he believes are the five best ASX stocks for investors to buy right now. These stocks are trading at dirt-cheap prices and Scott thinks they are great buys right now.
*Returns as of June 30th
Motley Fool contributor Tristan Harrison owns shares of Altium and Paragon Care Limited. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of A2 Milk, Altium, and Xero. The Motley Fool Australia has recommended Paragon Care Limited. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Scott Phillips.
- ASX 200 edges lower, Melbourne enters stage 4 lockdown – August 3, 2020 5:23pm
- Is the Wesfarmers or Rural Funds share price a buy for dividend income? – August 3, 2020 4:25pm
- WAM Microcap share price rises on big special dividend – August 3, 2020 3:16pm