Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO)(ASX: XJO) and ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) indices finished lower on Friday.
Here’s a short recap of the Australian market:
- S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) lower 0.09% to 5,730.60
- ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) lower 0.04% to 5,822.80
- AUD/USD at US 73 cents
- Gold at US$1,214.50 an ounce
- Brent Oil at US$67.20 a barrel
The Afterpay Touch Group Ltd (ASX: APT) share price rocketed 10.3% today, making it one of the strongest performers today.
UK bank CYBG plc (ASX: CYB) dropped 8.2% today on worries that Brexit may not go according to plan.
Link Administration Holdings Ltd (ASX: LNK) shares fell 3.1% after it updated the market about the low-balance superannuation funds it administers.
The share price of G8 Education Ltd (ASX: GEM) rose 5.6% after giving investors a positive trading update yesterday regarding its occupancy levels.
Finally, the Wesfarmers Ltd (ASX: WES) share price dropped 2.2% after shareholders vote to approval the demerger of Coles.
Here are some of today’s top stories:
- Why these 2 ASX ETFs could be market-beaters due to China
- Has the Lendlease Group (ASX: LLC) share price hit a bottom?
- com Ltd (ASX:KGN) shares drop lower on disappointing trading update
- Macquarie Group Ltd shares soar on second profit upgrade
When a veritable investing and entrepreneurial genius speaks, it pays to listen.
In fact, he's now preparing a $100B "war chest" to invest entirely in this "terrifying" new technology, which could spell huge profits for investors.
Motley Fool contributor Tristan Harrison owns shares of Altium and COSTA GRP FPO. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of and has recommended COSTA GRP FPO and Wesfarmers Limited. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of AFTERPAY T FPO and Altium. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Scott Phillips.