Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO)(ASX: XJO) and ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) indices finished higher on Monday.
Here’s a short recap of the Australian market:
- S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) higher 0.33% to 5,941.30
- ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) higher 0.27% to 6,027.20
- AUD/USD at US 72 cents
- Gold at US$1,210.50 an ounce
- Brent Oil at US$71.32 a barrel
At the red end of the ASX 200 was Afterpay Touch Group Ltd (ASX: APT), its share price declined 7.3% on worries about what the effects could be from an inquiry.
Another share to fall today was Steadfast Group Ltd (ASX: SDF), the insurance business fell 5.5%.
Lendlease Group’s (ASX: LLC) share price fell 6.3%, continuing last week’s fall. It was the second worst performer in the ASX 200 today.
Finally, rare earth miner Lynas Corporation Ltd (ASX: LYC) shares went up 9.6% today.
Here are some of today’s top stories:
- Why I think the REA Group Limited (ASX:REA) share price can continue to climb
- Is this the next ASX blue-chip stock to undertake a billion-dollar plus capital return?
- 3 speculative small cap shares brokers like – and you might too
- Pilbara Minerals Ltd (ASX:PLS) share price higher on Pilgangoora lithium-tantalum project news
We’re living in one of the most exciting times in investing history. Innovation and a booming culture of entrepreneurship are constantly creating new companies with the potential to make forward-thinking investors very rich. Now more than ever, one small, smart investment could make a huge difference to your wealth.
That’s why at The Motley Fool we’ve been scrutinizing the ASX to uncover the kinds of companies that we believe could turn into the next Atlassian.
We’ve found three exciting companies that we believe re poised to perform in the new year. Click here to uncover these ideas!
Motley Fool contributor Tristan Harrison has no position in any of the stocks mentioned. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of and has recommended Corporate Travel Management Limited. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of AFTERPAY T FPO. The Motley Fool Australia has recommended Elders Limited and Steadfast Group Ltd. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Scott Phillips.