Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO)(ASX: XJO) and ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) indices finished higher on Thursday.
Here’s a short recap of the Australian market:
- S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) higher 0.53% to 5,928.20
- ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) higher 0.57% to 6,015.80
- AUD/USD at US 73 cents
- Gold at US$1,228.05 an ounce
- Brent Oil at US$72.01 a barrel
The best-performing ASX 200 share today was Eclipx Group Ltd (ASX: ECX), its share price rose 16.1% after announcing it would merge with McMillan Shakespeare Limited (ASX: MMS). However, McMillan shares dropped 6.4% in response.
Pipeline owner APA Group (ASX: APA) shares fell nearly 10% after Josh Frydenberg said that it was likely to block the overseas-based bid due to the national interest.
Finally, investors sent the share price of Domino’s Pizza Enterprises Ltd. (ASX: DMP) down 10.7% after holding its AGM yesterday.
Here are some of today’s top stories:
- Why I think the Duxton Water Ltd (ASX:D2O) share price is a buy
- US litigant claims Cochlear Ltd (ASX:COH) can’t escape US$268 million fine
- China reported to be changing cross border e-commerce rules for ASX companies again
- Is the Commonwealth Bank of Australia (ASX:CBA) about to undertake a capital return?
We’re living in one of the most exciting times in investing history. Innovation and a booming culture of entrepreneurship are constantly creating new companies with the potential to make forward-thinking investors very rich. Now more than ever, one small, smart investment could make a huge difference to your wealth.
That’s why at The Motley Fool we’ve been scrutinizing the ASX to uncover the kinds of companies that we believe could turn into the next Atlassian.
We’ve found three exciting companies that we believe re poised to perform in the new year. Click here to uncover these ideas!
Motley Fool contributor Tristan Harrison has no position in any of the stocks mentioned. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of and has recommended Corporate Travel Management Limited. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of AFTERPAY T FPO and Xero. The Motley Fool Australia has recommended Domino's Pizza Enterprises Limited and REA Group Limited. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Scott Phillips.