Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO)(ASX: XJO) and ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) indices finished higher on Thursday.
Here’s a short recap of the Australian market:
- S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) higher 0.53% to 5,928.20
- ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) higher 0.57% to 6,015.80
- AUD/USD at US 73 cents
- Gold at US$1,228.05 an ounce
- Brent Oil at US$72.01 a barrel
The best-performing ASX 200 share today was Eclipx Group Ltd (ASX: ECX), its share price rose 16.1% after announcing it would merge with McMillan Shakespeare Limited (ASX: MMS). However, McMillan shares dropped 6.4% in response.
Pipeline owner APA Group (ASX: APA) shares fell nearly 10% after Josh Frydenberg said that it was likely to block the overseas-based bid due to the national interest.
Here are some of today’s top stories:
- Why I think the Duxton Water Ltd (ASX:D2O) share price is a buy
- US litigant claims Cochlear Ltd (ASX:COH) can’t escape US$268 million fine
- China reported to be changing cross border e-commerce rules for ASX companies again
- Is the Commonwealth Bank of Australia (ASX:CBA) about to undertake a capital return?
We hear it over and over from investors, "I wish I had bought Altium or Afterpay when they were first recommended by The Motley Fool. I'd be sitting on a gold mine!" And it's true.
And while Altium and Afterpay have had a good run, we think these 5 other stocks are screaming buys. And you can buy them now for less than $5 a share!
*Extreme Opportunities returns as of June 5th 2020
Motley Fool contributor Tristan Harrison has no position in any of the stocks mentioned. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of and has recommended Corporate Travel Management Limited. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of AFTERPAY T FPO and Xero. The Motley Fool Australia has recommended Domino's Pizza Enterprises Limited and REA Group Limited. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Scott Phillips.
- Got $3,000? Here are 3 great ASX shares to buy – July 14, 2020 5:45pm
- ASX 200 drops 0.6% today, Afterpay share price down 7% – July 14, 2020 5:35pm
- What I’m looking for in dividend shares during COVID-19 – July 14, 2020 3:27pm