Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO)(ASX: XJO) and ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) indices finished higher on Wednesday.
Here’s a short recap of the Australian market:
- S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) higher 0.37% to 5,896.90
- ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) higher 0.39% to 5,982.00
- AUD/USD at US 73 cents
- Gold at US$1,225.05 an ounce
- Brent Oil at US$71.91 a barrel
The best-performing ASX 200 share today was renewable energy business Infigen Energy Ltd (ASX: IFN), its share price went up 11.8%.
The share price of Worleyparsons Limited (ASX: WOR) rose 10.5% today after giving investors a couple of updates about its capital raising and new contracts.
The share price of Webjet Limited (ASX: WEB) fell 7.6% today after returning to trading, it recently announced a capital raising and an acquisition.
Here are some of today’s top stories:
- Macquarie Group Ltd reports Sydney and Melbourne house prices could fall up to 20%
- AVZ Minerals Ltd (ASX:AVZ) shares jump 8% higher on transport savings news
- Freedom Foods Group Ltd (ASX:FNP) shares race higher on China deal
- Should you buy this fintech star after its explosive first half sales growth?
Our experts here at The Motley Fool Australia have just released a fantastic report, detailing 5 dirt cheap shares that you can buy in 2020.
One stock is an Australian internet darling with a rock solid reputation and an exciting new business line that promises years (or even decades) of growth… while trading at an ultra-low price…
Another is a diversified conglomerate trading over 40% off it's high, all while offering a fully franked dividend yield over 3%...
Plus 3 more cheap bets that could position you to profit over the next 12 months!
See for yourself now. Simply click here or the link below to scoop up your FREE copy and discover all 5 shares. But you will want to hurry – this free report is available for a brief time only.
Motley Fool contributor Tristan Harrison has no position in any of the stocks mentioned. The Motley Fool Australia has recommended Kogan.com ltd and Webjet Ltd. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Scott Phillips.