Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO)(ASX: XJO) and ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) indices finished higher on Tuesday.
Here’s a short recap of the Australian market:
- S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) higher 0.98% to 5,875.20
- ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) higher 0.91% to 5,958.70
- AUD/USD at US 72 cents
- Gold at US$1,232.45 an ounce
- Brent Oil at US$72.92 a barrel
Construction business CSR Limited (ASX: CSR) rose by 4%, it was one of the best performers today.
Machine learning tech business Appen Ltd (ASX: APX) shares finished the day 2.6% today, making it the worst fall in the ASX 200.
Gambling business Tabcorp Holdings Limited (ASX: TAH) rose 0.4% after a wet and unpredictable day at the Melbourne Cup. However, it wasn’t such a good day for Crown Resorts Ltd (ASX: CWN) which dropped by 1.9%.
Here are some of today’s top stories:
- Why I think Vocus Group Ltd (ASX:VOC) is the best telco for long-term growth
- BHP Billiton Limited (ASX:BHP) share price on watch after Samarco class action
- Why the Corporate Travel Management Ltd (ASX:CTD) share price is in a trading halt again
When a veritable investing and entrepreneurial genius speaks, it pays to listen.
In fact, he's now preparing a $100B "war chest" to invest entirely in this "terrifying" new technology, which could spell huge profits for investors.
Motley Fool contributor Tristan Harrison has no position in any of the stocks mentioned. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of and has recommended Crown Resorts Limited. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of Appen Ltd. The Motley Fool Australia has recommended ResMed Inc. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Scott Phillips.