Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO)(ASX: XJO) and ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) indices finished lower on Tuesday.
Here’s a short recap of the Australian market:
- S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) lower 0.38% to 6,161.50
- ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) lower 0.39% to 6,269.50
- AUD/USD at US 72 cents
- Gold at US$1,198.20 an ounce
- Brent Oil at US$77.76 a barrel
The best-performing ASX 200 share today was Western Areas Ltd (ASX: WSA), its share price rose 4.2% after reporting more strong results at Mt Alexander.
Aged care providers recovered today after the Federal Government announced that it would launch a Royal Commission into the sector with increasing reports of poor care. All the major ASX-listed operators rose. The Estia Health Ltd (ASX: EHE) share price went up 2.9%, the Regis Healthcare Ltd (ASX: REG) share price rose 2.3% and the Japara Healthcare Ltd (ASX: JHC) share price increased 2.16%.
Retirement village operator Aveo Group (ASX: AOG) also recovered 1.5% because there was speculation that the sector could be grouped into the Royal Commission.
Here are some of today’s top stories:
- How I’d invest $25,000 into growth shares today
- A steeper than expected drop in Sydney house prices is crushing this stock
- Trump is turning a trade skirmish into a trade war with tariffs on US$200 billion more goods
- Commonwealth Bank of Australia (ASX:CBA) to end SMSF loans, more property pain ahead?
When a veritable investing and entrepreneurial genius speaks, it pays to listen.
In fact, he's now preparing a $100B "war chest" to invest entirely in this "terrifying" new technology, which could spell huge profits for investors.
Motley Fool contributor Tristan Harrison owns shares of Altium and JAPARA DEF SET. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of and has recommended TPG Telecom Limited. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of AFTERPAY T FPO and Altium. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Scott Phillips.