Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO)(ASX: XJO) and ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) indices finished lower on Monday.
Here’s a short recap of the Australian market:
- S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) lower 0.03% to 6,141.70
- ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) lower 0.04% to 6,249.70
- AUD/USD at US 71 cents
- Gold at US$1,197.00 an ounce
- Brent Oil at US$77.46 a barrel
At the red end of the ASX was remote data business Speedcast International Limited (ASX: SDA), its share price fell 5.6%.
Lithium miner Galaxy Resources Limited (ASX: GXY) gave up most of its gains from last week and fell 4.9% today.
Another ASX 200 share to fall heavily today was gold miner Resolute Mining Limited (ASX: RSG), it dropped 4.4%.
Here are some of today’s top stories:
- National Australia Bank Ltd (ASX:NAB) holds interest rates
- Morgans tips Telstra (ASX:TLS) and 2 others as best value shares to buy
- 3 essential qualities to help you buy share market winners
- Is gas the new gold?
When a veritable investing and entrepreneurial genius speaks, it pays to listen.
In fact, he's now preparing a $100B "war chest" to invest entirely in this "terrifying" new technology, which could spell huge profits for investors.
Motley Fool contributor Tristan Harrison owns shares of Greencross Limited and NATVETCARE FPO. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of and has recommended Greencross Limited. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of AFTERPAY T FPO and NATVETCARE FPO. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Scott Phillips.