Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO)(ASX: XJO) and ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) indices finished lower on Thursday.
Here’s a short recap of the Australian market:
- S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) lower 0.34% to 6,244.40
- ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) lower 0.21% to 6,360.30
- AUD/USD at US 73 cents
- Gold at US$1,188.88 an ounce
- Brent Oil at US$74.32 a barrel
Flight Centre Travel Group Ltd (ASX: FLT) shares fell 8.1% today after reporting its FY18 result and allegations of poor treatment of staff.
Here are some of today’s top stories:
- Iress Ltd shares race higher on improved cost management
- Does your portfolio have enough small cap exposure? This LIC could be the best bet
- This LIC now offers a large 7.4% yield
- Event Hospitality & Entertainment Ltd shares climb on hot hotels growth
When a veritable investing and entrepreneurial genius speaks, it pays to listen.
In fact, he's now preparing a $100B "war chest" to invest entirely in this "terrifying" new technology, which could spell huge profits for investors.
Motley Fool contributor Tristan Harrison has no position in any of the stocks mentioned. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of and has recommended Flight Centre Travel Group Limited. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of Appen Ltd. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Scott Phillips.