Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO)(ASX: XJO) and ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) indices finished higher on Monday.
Here’s a short recap of the Australian market:
- S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) higher 0.09% to 6,345.00
- ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) higher 0.14% to 6,435.10
- AUD/USD at US 73 cents
- Gold at US$1,185.65 an ounce
- Brent Oil at US$71.76 a barrel
The best-performing ASX 200 share today was Eclipx Group Ltd (ASX: ECX), it went up 16% today after rejecting a takeover offer valuing the shares at $2.52 per share.
Another to rise was Afterpay Touch Group Ltd (ASX: APT), the share price rose another 5.4% to $17.50.
Here are some of today’s top stories:
- Why Beach Energy Ltd (ASX:BPT) shares have been smashed today
- HUB24 Ltd (ASX:HUB) shares rocket higher after reporting stellar earnings growth
- Primary Health Care Limited (ASX:PRY) announces $250m capital raise
- Why Evolution Mining Ltd’s (ASX:EVN) results have investors cautious
When a veritable investing and entrepreneurial genius speaks, it pays to listen.
In fact, he's now preparing a $100B "war chest" to invest entirely in this "terrifying" new technology, which could spell huge profits for investors.
Motley Fool contributor Tristan Harrison owns shares of Greencross Limited. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of and has recommended Greencross Limited and Nanosonics Limited. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of AFTERPAY T FPO and Citadel Group Ltd. The Motley Fool Australia has recommended Ansell Ltd. and NIB Holdings Limited. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Scott Phillips.