Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO)(ASX: XJO) and ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) indices finished lower on Monday.
Here’s a short recap of the Australian market:
- S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) lower 0.42% to 6,252.20
- ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) lower 0.40% to 6,341.30
- AUD/USD at US 73 cents
- Gold at US$1,212.75 an ounce
- Brent Oil at US$72.53 a barrel
The best-performing ASX 200 share today was Eclipx Group Ltd (ASX: ECX), its share price went up by 10.5% today.
Investors seemed pleased with the Domain Holdings Australia Limited (ASX: DHG) result, its shares rose by 3.8% after delivering a decent rise in pro forma profit. The REA Group Limited (ASX: REA) share price also rose by 2.8%.
The News Corp (ASX: NWS) share price fell 9.3% today, making it the second worst fall in the ASX 200.
Here are some of today’s top stories:
- How the escalating crisis in Turkey could impact on your portfolio
- Do all the recent takeovers signal we’re near the end of this bull market?
- Why Contact Energy Limited (ASX:CEN) shares fell on its FY18 results
- Why the Gage Roads Brewing Co Limited (ASX:GRB) share price is up 4% today
One of our investors has recently returned from a research trip to Silicon Valley... and has a warning for fellow investors:
Because he works for an organization dedicated to spreading great investing ideas, his video report is free today... so you can see it and decide for yourself.
Don't miss your chance click here to learn about this warning and how you might be able to profit!
Motley Fool contributor Tristan Harrison has no position in any of the stocks mentioned. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of and has recommended Wesfarmers Limited. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of Capilano Honey Limited. The Motley Fool Australia has recommended REA Group Limited. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Scott Phillips.