Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO)(ASX: XJO) and ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) indices finished higher on Tuesday.
Here’s a short recap of the Australian market:
- S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) higher 0.61% to 6,265.80
- ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) higher 0.56% to 6,355.20
- AUD/USD at US 74 cents
- Gold at US$1,230.30 an ounce
- Brent Oil at US$73.15 a barrel
The best-performing ASX 200 share today was rare-earth business Lynas Corporation Ltd (ASX: LYC), it went up 11.2% being the beneficiary of a positive broker note.
Another share to fall heavily was Afterpay Touch Group Ltd (ASX: APT), it dropped 4% as investors appeared to take some profits off the table.
Finally, the second worse performing share in the ASX 200 was Viva Energy REIT Ltd (ASX: VVR), it dropped by 2.7% according to the ASX.
Here are some of today’s top stories:
- Alphabet (Google) just reported revenue growth of 25%
- Should you dump AGL Energy Ltd (ASX:AGL) and Origin Energy Ltd (ASX:ORG) on the ACCC’s crackdown?
- More bad news for Telstra Corporation Ltd (ASX:TLS) shareholders
When a veritable investing and entrepreneurial genius speaks, it pays to listen.
In fact, he's now preparing a $100B "war chest" to invest entirely in this "terrifying" new technology, which could spell huge profits for investors.
Motley Fool contributor Tristan Harrison has no position in any of the stocks mentioned. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of AFTERPAY T FPO. The Motley Fool Australia has recommended Kogan.com ltd and Treasury Wine Estates Limited. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Scott Phillips.