Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO)(ASX: XJO) and ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) indices finished higher on Monday.
Here’s a short recap of the Australian market:
- S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) higher 0.22% to 6,286.00
- ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) higher 0.17% to 6,366.40
- AUD/USD at US 75 cents
- Gold at US$1,259.60 an ounce
- Brent Oil at US$77. a barrel
In perhaps a surprise recovery, Australian Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd (ASX: API) shares went up 4.1% after losing value at the end of month due to negative sentiment surrounding US pharmacies and a competitor’s disappointing trading update.
The Domino’s Pizza Enterprises Ltd. (ASX: DMP) share price went down 3.8%, making it the worst performer in the ASX 200.
Here are some of today’s top stories:
- The ASX winners from a weak Australian dollar
- Why Berkshire Hathaway owns this ASX company I’d also like to own
- Why these 2 profit downgraders have found favour with brokers
- 3 ASX stocks to buy to hide from a global trade war
One Australian company has developed a state of the art device that's revolutionizing hospitals all over the world. Even better, this device is so profitable that the company rakes in 90% margins. That's a lot of cash. So no wonder the stock's up 285% since 2008 – with no signs of stopping...
To discover the name and code, simply click the link below. You'll discover our expert's #1 medical technology pick... and you can decide for yourself whether to get invested today.
Click here to claim your free report.
Motley Fool contributor Tristan Harrison has no position in any of the stocks mentioned. The Motley Fool Australia has recommended Domino's Pizza Enterprises Limited. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Scott Phillips.