Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO)(ASX: XJO) and ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) indices finished lower on Wednesday.
Here’s a short recap of the Australian market:
- S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) lower 0.43% to 6,183.40
- ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) lower 0.46% to 6,273.70
- AUD/USD at US 74 cents
- Gold at US$1,242.57 an ounce
- Brent Oil at US$77.90 a barrel
Gold miners have been some of the best performers today as fears rise about the global economy and trade wars. Resolute Mining Limited (ASX: RSG) went up 4.6% and St Barbara Ltd (ASX: SBM) gained 3.7%.
Here are some of today’s top stories:
- Gentrack Group Ltd (ASX:GTK) hands investors the NZ$90 million bill
- Delays expected for Bellamy’s Australia Ltd (ASX:BAL) CFDA approval
- Bapcor Ltd (ASX:BAP) shares up as company divests tyre and wheel business
- The winners and losers from today’s retail sales beat
- Macquarie Group Ltd interested in $1 billion digital infrastructure acquisition
- Gateway Lifestyle Group (ASX:GTY) shares down on takeover details
One of our investors has recently returned from a research trip to Silicon Valley... and has a warning for fellow investors:
Because he works for an organization dedicated to spreading great investing ideas, his video report is free today... so you can see it and decide for yourself.
Don't miss your chance click here to learn about this warning and how you might be able to profit!
Motley Fool contributor Tristan Harrison owns shares of InvoCare Limited and Ramsay Health Care Limited. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of AFTERPAY T FPO, Class Limited, and Platinum Investment Management Limited. The Motley Fool Australia has recommended InvoCare Limited and Ramsay Health Care Limited. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Scott Phillips.